There are a couple tips that help when trying to take “Photos” in Skyrim.
- Quickly remove HUD Open the in-game console by pressing ~ and then enter “tm” to turn menus off. Press ~ again to return to game. Menus are now off! Repeat to turn menus back on.
- Change “Lenses” Again, open the console by pressing ~. Now, we can change the Field Of View by using the command “fov x”, where x is a number. For example, “fov 15″ gives you a “telephoto”, while “fov 140″ gives you a fisheye. Default for the game is 70.
- Free Camera You can toggle “free camera” by opening console with ~ and typing “tfc”. This lets you move the camera wherever you want. Repeat to turn off.
- Waiting for the best light Quite obviously, you can press “T” in order to quickly get to sunrise/sunset or whatever other time of day you may want.
- Change the weather (thanks, EyeR8) sw – “Start Weather”, which will bring on the sequence of the current weather to the one specified (usage: sw (WeatherID), which for instance, sw c8220 will likely make a rainstorm form (though it may vanish quickly depending on which area of the game your in, due to the area’s climate being forced (like where rain isn’t common)) Also.. here’s a link to the weather commands. Helpful for when you want to setup a certain type of shot. Skyrim Weather IDs